Admission to the Master of Science in Communication Engineering requires that one holds a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics, or equivalent University Degree. Students who hold a BS in Electrical Engineering have the ideal background knowledge to undertake the program. Other students may do so, but a preliminary self-study (please see prep-courses on this web site) may be required prior to the beginning of classes.
Students holding an Italian Degree
- Admission requirements I (Requisiti curriculari):
– Applications from candidates holding a first level Italian degree certificate (Diploma di Laurea) in the Class of Information Engineering (Class L-8 ex 270/04 or Class 9 ex 509/99) are accepted. The Student Registry Office verifies the validity of the degree certificate presented by the applicant.
– Applications from candidates holding first level degrees (Diploma di Laurea) in classes other than Information Engineering are also welcome, especially from other Engineering classes, Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science. They will be assessed by the Admission Committee. The detailed requirements are specified in the Course Regulations (Regolamento didattico).
- Admission requirements II (Requisiti di preparazione personale):
– Applicants holding a degree certificate as specified in a) but with a mark below 88/110 or equivalent will be individually assessed by the Admission Committee.
Students holding a foreign BS
Students holding a foreign first-level University degree, such as a BS, must first submit some documents to the Admission Committee to assess their qualification. To this purpose, a pdf copy of the following documents is required:
- Full University study record or transcript, including complete list of exams passed, their load in terms of lecture hours or credit units (with relevant definition), the grades achieved, and the final grade point average (GPA)
- Final BS Diploma or equivalent University Diploma (Students who have not yet received their first-level university degree, but who expect to graduate before the application deadline set by the Italian Embassy must specify their complete study programme and expected graduation date)
- English language proficiency certification, required unless official evidence is submitted that the BS had English as the official language
- Curriculum Vitae
- Passport (page with photo and identification data)
- Other documents considered useful to establish the qualification of the applicant
Applications for the academic year 2018-19 are closed. Applications for the academic year 2019-20 will open in January 2019.Apply
Information on the online application (and more) can be found in our FAQ.
Admitted Non-EU students
After receiving the Admission letter from us, students of non-EU citizenship who are not resident in Italy must submit a pre-enrollment application to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence. Please contact the Embassy as soon as possible to inquire about the procedure, the documents they request and the relevant deadlines (be aware of early deadlines, usually set in May). Be aware that processing an application and issuing a relevant Visa may take up to one month.
The accepted applicants having a pre-enrollment from an Italian Embassy/Consulate shall complete their enrollment procedure upon arrival in Italy as explained in the section: “Practical Information for Foreign Students” (Section “Enrollment information”).
More information on the application for foreign students can be found here