Non EU-students who got a pre-admission letter from our admission committee through our online admission website must next apply for an entry VISA to enter Italy for study purposes. The procedure consists of registering on the government-run Universitaly website and follow the instructions at the following instructions page , section “2. Pre-application through the Universitaly portal”, of our University. More focused guidelines for LMCE students are summarized at http://communication-eng.unipr.it/index.php/covid-19-accepted-students/.
Past experience showed that getting the VISA requires a long time, even months, hence we warmly recommend to start it as soon as possible. Some important notes:
- To enter Italy there is a minimum amount of Euros you have to declare to have in your bank account. As of 2021, the minimum amount is (206.58+365*27.89) = 10387 euros. Official info at the Ministry of foreign affairs website.
- The applicant must show proof of adequate accommodation in Italy, such as Campus accommodation, rental agreement, or a confirmed hotel booking of at least 30 days. In the case of accommodation in a private house, the owner must provide a declaration of hospitality signed in front of a notary public.
- Your English proficiency must be certified with a level of at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment. Alternatively, you must provide a certificate from the Institution which issued your Bachelor degree stating that the program used English as the medium of instruction.
- You need a copy of a confirmed flight booking.
- The Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country will interview you. Please, carefully check the deadlines and all the required documents before attending the interview.
- You can check the requested documentation for your VISA by filling the following questionnaire.