Tuition Fees and Scholarships
The tuition fees depend on the student’s economic situation (if already financially autonomous) or their household (either if they live in or outside Italy). Please note that submission of documentation for tuition fee reductions (even for those who do not want/get a scholarship) must take place on the er.go website, see below.
Students can apply for partial or total fee exemption depending on their economic status. We report here some useful information.
- The relation between the tuition fees and your economic status is reported in this table. The minimum amount as of 2022 is 156 euros for regional taxes.
- The student’s economic status is set by the ISEE document. Please, contact email@example.com for more information.
- The reference website for the applications (both for Scholarships and Tuition fees reduction) is Er.go which is the Regional Authority for the Right to Higher Education in Emilia Romagna.
- Detailed instructions on how to provide the needed documentation for scholarships can be found in the following pdf (if link does not work, go to this page (“COSA MI SERVE” right menù, click on “Guida al bando (ENGLISH)”). Such a document, in particular, contains information about the thresholds for the family unit’s economic condition to be eligible both for the scholarship and for the fee reduction. Note that, if you are eligible, and apply to Er.go for a scholarship, but do not get the scholarship, still you are entitled to the University Tax reduction based on your certified family’s income (the minimum fee per year is the regional tax of 156Eur).
- To be able to apply online, foreign students will need their UNIPR ESSE3 username and password (as explained here).
- Pay great attention to the deadlines indicated on the Er.go website, usually set at the beginning of November. Late applications will be rejected. Applications usually open at the beginning of July.
- You can apply for benefits at this page (English instructions at the bottom). On such a page you will also find a video with some instructions in English. On the web, you can also find some unofficial videos with more detailed step-by-step instructions (e.g., search on YouTube for “er.go scholarship”.)
- Information about ErGo scholarships for PARMA University is found at Bando borsa di studio Parma ( if the link does not work, go to this page (“COSA MI SERVE” right menù, click on “Bando borsa di studio Parma”).
- For alternative scholarships funding agencies, you can check out the link esteri.it which deals with scholarships offered by the Italian government for students living abroad.
- If you need help from the University of Parma on benefits matters, please contact Dr. Chiara Ollari (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel: +39 0521 034090, from “U.O. Contributi, Diritto allo Studio e Benessere Studentesco“.
- More information is available on the “ERGO benefits and scholarship” page of the University of Parma.
IMPORTANT: If you are eligible for an ERGO scholarship/housing, your eligibility becomes ACTIVE only after you MATRICULATE and pay the regional 156Eur tax. After that, you will receive in your ESSE3 self-management web page notice of housing and scholarship assignment.