Tuition Fees and Scholarships
The tuition fees depend on the student’s economic situation (if already financially autonomous) or their household (either if they live in or outside Italy). Please note that submission of documentation for BOTH tuition fee reductions AND scholarships must take place online on the er.go website as follows:
All info for international students: https://www.er-go.it/ and click top banner “International Students”
Required Documentation for tax reduction/Scholarship (Students with income and/or assets abroad only): https://www.er-go.it/international-students/how-to-apply
Info about ERGO scholarships: https://www.er-go.it/international-students/focus-on-scholarship
Info about University housing: https://www.er-go.it/international-students/focus-on-accommodation
Info on what to do to get tax reduction: https://www.er-go.it/international-students/focus-on-tuition-fees
Info about regional tax 156eur: https://www.er-go.it/international-students/focus-on-regional-tax
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS TO ERGO FOR UNIVERSITY OF PARMA TAX EXEMPTION: November 3, 2023 at 5pm
Students can apply for partial or total fee exemption depending on their economic status. We report here some useful information.
- The relation between the tuition fees and your economic status is reported at this page. The minimum amount as of 2023 is 156 euros (the regional tax).
- The student’s economic status is set by the ISEE document. Please, contact email@example.com for more information
- Detailed instructions on how to provide the needed documentation for tax reduction/scholarship is given at the above links. Such links, in particular, document contain information about the thresholds for the family unit’s economic condition to be eligible both for the scholarship and for the fee reduction. Note that, if you are eligible, and apply to Er.go for a scholarship, and do not get the scholarship, still you are entitled to the University Tax reduction based on your certified family’s income (the minimum fee per year is the regional tax of 156Eur).
- To be able to apply online, foreign students will need their UNIPR ESSE3 username and password (as explained here).
- Pay great attention to the deadlines indicated on the Er.go website, usually set at the beginning of November (November 3, 2023 at 5pm for UNIPR). Late applications will be rejected. Applications usually open at the beginning of July.
- You can apply for tax reductions at UNIPR at this page at section How to Apply and look for “University of Parma”. You can download here the complete ERGO instructions fro AY 21-22 (so not completely updated) with HIGHLIGHTS regarding UNIPR tax reductions, and a sample filled-up application form.
- For alternative scholarships funding agencies, you can check out the link esteri.it which deals with scholarships offered by the Italian government for students living abroad.
- If you need help from the University of Parma on benefits matters, please contact Dr. Chiara Ollari (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel: +39 0521 034090, from “U.O. Contributi, Diritto allo Studio e Benessere Studentesco“.
- More information is available on the “ERGO benefits and scholarship” page of the University of Parma.
IMPORTANT: If you are eligible for an ERGO scholarship/housing, your eligibility becomes ACTIVE only after you MATRICULATE and pay the regional 156Eur tax. After that, you will receive in your ESSE3 self-management web page notice of housing and scholarship assignment.