The final thesis consists of the development of a project in the field of Telecommunications carried out under the supervision of a Department Professor (the Advisor). A significant original contribution from the student is required. The thesis is then presented and discussed in front of a Final Examination Committee.
Some professors may offer the opportunity to carry out the thesis work in a company. If you wish to try this one, please contact the professor to check which opportunities are available. You may alternatively find yourself a company wishing to take you for a thesis internship: then you have to find a professor in your master course who play the role of internal advisor and liaison with the company. The necessary bureaucratic forms for starting an internship in a company can be found here. The beginning of the internship can be at any time before the deadlines mentioned here below.
A Latex and LyX template to write your final thesis can be downloaded here.
-> 4 months before the LFE
submit by email to the secretarial office (email@example.com) the form “Presentazione dell’argomento della tesi” (download form) to be filled with and signed by your Advisor. In the email subject write “Presentazione dell’argomento della tesi_Communication Engineering_firstname_lastname” with your lastname and firstname.
-> 30 days before the LFE
From your ESSE3 webpage do the following (all forms are in Italian: The English translation of the official Italian instructions on Esse3 is available here):
– Click on the button “Laurea\Esame Finale>Conseguimento Titolo” (on the left of the screen):
– upload (in pdf) a filled version of the form Modulo di ammissione all’esame di laurea. This must be filled in by you and signed by your advisor.
– upload the A4 module (in pdf) signed by you, regarding the rules of conduct of candidates, parents, and, friends during the LFE. You can upload the document in the reserved area “Laurea/Esame Finale > Conseguimento Titolo: GESTIONE ALLEGATI TESI”, click on “Aggiungi nuovo allegato” to upload the module MOD.A44
– upload (in pdf) the receipt of the Almalaurea ON-LINE questionnaire (www.unipr.it – see the item “laureati – questionario AlmaLaurea”). You can upload the document in the reserved area ” Laurea/Esame Finale > Conseguimento Titolo. GESTIONE ALLEGATI TESI”, click on “Aggiungi nuovo allegato” and upload the document.
After the completion of the above MANDATORY steps, the system will automatically generate a payment slip (an invoice) for the Laurea Tax of 132 euros (payable by PagoPA within ESSE3), which includes the cost of 116 euros for the final parchment (optional) and the 16 euros tax for the exam registration.
-> Send the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– the Laurea application form within the deadline indicated in the online procedure, and, if possible, a screenshot of the list of the completed exams with manually indicated the exams that are still pending validation (We suggest the student to double-check the list of the passed exams on his/her personal page)
Note: in the email you are not required to sent the receipts of the payments of the Laurea Tax.
In the email subject, please write: “DOMANDA DI LAUREA_COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING_lastname_firstname” with your lastname and firstname. A notification about the date when the parchment (if purchased) will be available will be communicated to the student by email and published online on the website of the department.
If for any reason, you cannot participate in the laurea exam (LFE), it is mandatory to send an email to the secretary office, at least 10 days before the LFE attaching a scanned copy of your identity card. In such a case, a new online submission form must be started at least 30 days before the next LFE. In such a case, it is not necessary to pay again the 116 euros for the parchment, but only the registration tax of 16 euros.
-> 10 DAYS at least before the LFE the student MUST:
1) have passed all the exams according to his/her study plan, including the English B2 test (required by the Master regulation for Italian students)
2) upload a summary of your thesis in pdf (max 2 pages). The upload can be done within the ESSE3 reserved area ” Laurea/Esame Finale > Conseguimento Titolo: GESTIONE ALLEGATI TESI”, click on “Aggiungi nuovo allegato” to add the summary. Please copy in the summary all the data already reported on the first page of your thesis
3) upload the final version of your thesis in pdf that will be validated on ESSE3 by your advisor. The upload can be done in the reserved area” Laurea/Esame Finale > Conseguimento Titolo” by clicking on “Procedi con il processo di completamento tesi”. The file must be in PDF/A and MUST have size AT MOST of 21 Mbytes.
Nota bene: Upload the final thesis pdf only after uploading all the other requested documents. After clicking on “Conferma tesi definitiva” it will not be possible to make any further changes.
Without the full thesis pdf it is not possible to take part in the LFE.
In case of technical problems with pdf uploading etc, please send an email to email@example.com.
4) If the thesis is the result of an internship in a company, a few days before the exam the student should upload the following report, and the following document filled-up by the co-advisor at the company.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THERE WILL BE NO DEADLINE EXTENSION FOR THE ABOVE STEPS.
The full information Department page (Italian only) is available here.